May 13, 2016 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 17th day of May, 2016 at 5:30 pm. at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order: Mayor Pro Tem Ronnie Wolfe
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge: Honor the Texas Flag. I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state, under God, one, and indivisible.
4. Chamber of Commerce: Marilyn Corder; Frontier Days
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
6. Presentations & Recognition: On 5/20/16 Kent Graham will celebrate 6 years with the Timpson Police Department.
7. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of April 2016, there were 46 citations issued, 67 violations, 0 to juveniles and 2 to minors. Total amount reported $13,781.67 the city’s portion $7,579.92.
D. City Secretary: We will be setting dates to work with each department on their upcoming budgets (10/1/16 – 9/30/2017). If Council members want to attend these meetings we need to set specific times on the Budget Workshop dates.
9. Election Items:
A. Canvass General Election May 7, 2016
B. Resolution 05-17-2016, an Order declaring the canvassing of the City of Timpson General Election, May 7, 2016.
C. Issue Certificates of Election for Mayor Debra Smith, Council Member Yvonne Ramsey and Council Member Al Skinner. The City Secretary will issue a certificate of election to each newly elected candidate and each candidate will sign a Statement of Elected/Appointed Officer (Article XVI, section 1B of the Texas Constitution).
D. Issue Oaths of Office for Mayor Debra Smith, Council Member Yvonne Ramsey and Council Member Al Skinner by Judge James Bogue.
E. Elect Mayor Pro-Tem to perform the mayor’s duties during the mayor’s incapacity or absence. The mayor pro-tem is selected by majority vote of the council from among its own membership. The mayor pro-tem’s term is for one year. The mayor pro-tem retains the right to vote on all matters before the council (and not just to break a tie) while performing the duties of mayor (Local Government Code Section 22.037 and 23.027).
10. Executive Session pursuant to Section 551.071 Government Code – Consultation with Attorney; Closed Meeting: Discuss current City contracts.
11. Reconvene in Open Session:
12. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on April 19th, 2016
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of April, 2016
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for April, 2016
Regular Agenda Items (13 –16)
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Resolution of Authority for all Austin and Texas State Bank Accounts, adding Debra Smith, Mayor to noted accounts. Also, any other signatures as needed.
14. Discuss and possibly take action: Repair to several fire hydrants. 12 hydrants need top jobs, this will take care of those that need preventative maintenance. Also, an installation at Fourth St and Garrison to replace a leaking hydrant. The proposals from Hydra Tec Services are included in your packets.
15. Discuss and possibly take action: Supplemental Agreement for License Audit No. S051272 covering underground 8 inch encased sanitary sewer on Railroad Property at Mile Post 166.44. Payment, in the amount of $1,505.00 is due and