August 12, 2021 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the City of Timpson will be held on the 17th day of August, 2021 at 5:30 pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. City Secretary: The City purchased a wheelchair access ramp with handrails for the JP’s office to provide easy access for anyone using a power chair, scooter, wheelchair, or for someone walking that needs assistance transitioning to the sidewalk. Two “No Overnight Parking” signs have been ordered to be place on the Hwy 59 City property.
August 17th: City Council Meeting, Council to review Preliminary Budget and proposed tax rate.
August 29th: Mayor submits proposed 2021-2022 Budgets to City Secretary (Deadline for the proposed budgets must be filed at least 30 days PRIOR to adopting the City Tax Rate and 2021-2022 Final Budget. Final Budget has to be adopted prior to 9/30/21.)
September 21st: City Council Meeting, Council to adopt the Final Budget and first reading of Ordinances to adopt budget and tax rate
September 22nd: Copy of Final Budget needs to be filed with City Secretary
September 27th: City Secretary files Final Budget with County Clerk
October 1st: New fiscal year begins
7. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held July 20, 2021
B. Consider approval of the Minutes from the EDC Meeting held August 3, 2021
C. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of July 2021
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable for the month of July 2021
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (8-13)
8. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider adopting the 2021-2022 Proposed Tax Rate. Read the proposed ordinance regarding the proposed tax rate and percentage of increase, if any.
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and adopt the 2021-2022 Proposed Budget for Water/Sewer, Electric, and General Operating Fund including the Streets, Parks, Cemetery, Court Technology, and TVFD.
10. Discuss and possibly consider: Consider a special called meeting, if needed, to work on the budget and/or tax rate. Both MUST be adopted no later than Monday, September 21, 2021. If no special meetings are called, the FINAL BUDGET and TAX RATE will be adopted at the September 17th Council Meeting.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take action to approve the joint street project with the General Dept and EDC, and to solicit engineer and local financial institution bids for the street work, beginning with Holly St. (Hwy 87 to McLaughlin St.).
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of the Special Event Application and permit fee of $25 for non-recurring events held in public areas within the city limits, effective October 1, 2021.
13. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider the Annual Fire Hydrant Audit to be scheduled for September.
14. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of electronic meter reading with Utility Data Systems of Texas for programming, service and billing of the smartphone software.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.