November 10, 2022 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the City of Timpson will be held on the 15th day of November, 2022 at 5:30 pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions: Recognition of the late Councilmen Kenny Walker for his service and dedication to the City of Timpson.
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. City Secretary: There will not be a Regular City Council Meeting in December. ALL regular monthly bills will be paid as usual and presented at the January Council meeting. The city will have 3 Council Member seats open for the May 6, 2023 General Election and 1 unexpired term Council Seat for the Special Election that will be held on May 6th as well.. The Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the ballot for the May 6th General Election and Special Election will be posted on December 19, 2022 at City Hall. The first day to file for a place on the ballot will be January 18, 2023 and packets will be available at City Hall. The last day to submit applications, in person or by mail, is February 17, 2023 at 5:00 PM.
IMPORTANT 2023 ELECTION DATES:
File for Place on the Ballot: January 18 – February 17, 2023
Early Voting: April 24 - May 2, 2023
Election Day: May 6, 2023
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of Minutes from the Regular Meeting held October, 2022
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of October, 2022
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable for the month of November, 2022
Regular Agenda Items (9-17)
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider moving $15,000 from CD 31414 at American State Bank to Woodlawn Cemetery Savings account 4759 at Austin Bank.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval for Frank Campos to remain as the City’s auditor for FY 2020-2021.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of Aquatic Services quote to replace the second flowmeter at the sewer plant in the amount of $12,000, using funds from the ARPA account.
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval to Order a Special Election to be held May 6th, 2023 for the unexpired Council term 2022-2024.
13. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of Ordinance 20221115-01 calling a Special Election on May 6, 2023 to elect a Councilman for the duration of the unexpired 2022-2024 term.
14. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of the Notice of Special Election, May 6, 2023 to notify voters of time, date and location of the special election.
15. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval to Order an election to be held May 6th, 2023, General Election day, for the three council seats, term 2023-2025.
16. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of Ordinance 20221115-02 calling an election on May 6, 2023 to elect three Councilman for 2023-2025 term.
17. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of the Notice of a General Election, May 6, 2023 to notify voters of time, date and location of the election.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.