May 12, 2022 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the City of Timpson will be held on the 17th day of May, 2022 at 5:30 pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report:
B. City Secretary:
8. Election Items:
A. Consideration and possible action regarding Resolution 20220517-1 canvassing the returns and declaring the results of the General Election held on May 7, 2022.
B. Accept election results and issue Certificate of Election for 2 Council Members and Mayor.
C. Administer the Oath of Office for Council Members and Mayor.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of Minutes from the Regular Meeting held April 19, 2022
B. Consider approval of Minutes from the Special Meeting held April 26, 2022
C. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of April, 2022
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable for the month of April, 2022
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (10-18)
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval to execute Interlocal Agreement to participate in the Shelby County Hazard Mitigation Plan Update.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider received bids for the Woodlawn Cemetery mowing contract, effective May 18, 2022 thru May 17, 2023.
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider renewing the city mowing contract, no changes, with Lawn Commanders, effective May 1st, 2022 thru April 30, 2023
13. Discuss and take action: Discuss, consider and adopt a resolution to designate authorized signatories for the 2021 Texas CDBG program, grant agreement number CDM21-0138 (DRP).
14. Discuss and take action: Discuss, consider, and approve a resolution adopting required CDBG Civil Rights policies.
15. Discuss and take action: Discuss, consider and adopt a resolution to designate Authorized signatories for the 2021 Texas CDBG program, grant agreement number CDV21-0115.
16. Discuss and take action: Discuss, consider, and approve a resolution adopting required CDBG Civil Rights policies.
17. Discuss and take action: Proclaim April as Fair Housing Month: This proclamation will help to fulfill Fair Housing activity obligations as required by the grant.
18. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of the Schneider Engineering Proposal in the amount of $7,500, for consultation and development of the Emergency Management Plan (EOP), which is now a requirement of the Texas Public Power Assoc.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.