Fire Destroys Home in Neuville Community; Donation Account Information (Update)

Update: A donation account has been established at Shelby Savings Bank for Charles and Cathy Conway who lost their home and everything in it to fire yesterday, January 6th. The account is under Charles and Cathy Conway House Fire.

January 7, 2019 - The Shelbyville Volunteer Fire Department and the Center Fire Department were both dispatched to a house fire in the Neuville Community on Sunday, January 6, 2019.

The fire departments were paged out just before 3pm. Upon arrival, the house was already fully engulfed in flames and it was to late for the home to be saved from the fires destruction. Firemen were able to prevent it from spreading to nearby structures.

The homeowners, Charles and Cathy Conway, were away when the fire started. It is unknown what started the fire but it appears to have orginated near the living room area.