November 12, 2019 - According to the National Weather Service weather forecast, temperatures this evening and tonight will be below freezing across the Shelby County area until around 9am Wednesday morning.
- Wrap all exposed pipes located outside or in unheated areas
- Remove garden hoses from outside faucets and insulate outside faucets
- Cover vents around the foundation of your home
- Take care of plants and animals outside
- Check on elderly friends and family to ensure they have proper heating sources
Space heater safety
- Place heaters at least three feet away from anything that can burn
- Locate space heaters out of high traffic areas and doorways where they may pose a tripping hazard
- Plug space heaters directly into a wall outlet. Do not use an extension cord or power strip which could overheat and result in a fire
- Do not plug any other electical devices into the same outlet as the heater
- Place space heaters on level, flat surfaces. Never place heaters on cabinets, tables, furniture, or carpet, which can overheat and start a fire.