January 16, 2020 - During the month of December 2019, Shelby County Outreach Ministries' (SCOM) Helping Hands provided 292 emergency food boxes which helped to feed 593 people and met the needs of 324. The Senior Site provided 391 congregate meals, Meals on Wheels provided 723 meals, and 491 frozen meals for a total of 1,605 meals were provided in December alone.
For the year of 2019, a total of 19,517 meals were provided, 3,399 emergency food boxes given away, 3,994 needs met, and 7,087 people fed.
Ways to Help:
- Food of the Month: Peanut Butter, Canned Meats, Ramen Noodle Soup, and Mac & Cheese. Please bring food items to the Helping Hands Outreach Center at 930 Shelbyville Street.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteers are needed in each of our programs. For more infor-mation on any of the above, call us at 598-4990.
- Volunteers for our Fundraiser Committee: We are always seeking individuals to help us pia' organize and help with fundraisers throughout the year. If you are interested, please call Sherri Harding at 598-4990.
- Canned Food Drives: We are always in the need of canned goods. If you or your business would like to have a food drive, please contact us for more information.
Ways to Support:
- Website: shelbycountyoutreach.org
- Amazon Smile: smile.amazon.com (Just select Shelby County Outreach Ministries, Inc. as your choice of charity and shop like always.)
- U.S. Mail: Send donations to Shelby County Outreach Ministries, Inc., P.O. Box 1029, Center, TX 75935. Ask us for other ways you can help support our ministry!
Fundraisers and Events
- Upcoming Fundraiser: Raffle for 10x16 Steel Building. Tickets are $10 each or 11 for $100. Drawing on April 3, 2020. We are currently planning another fundraiser for the near future. We will keep you updated.