February 20, 2020 - The Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center will have a Mobile Unit available at the 13th Annual Health and Fitness Fair on March 19th. To make an appointment to donate blood, contact the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce at 936-598-3682. Walk-ins will be welcome. The Unit will be available from 9am until 1:30pm in front of the Civic Center.
Why donate blood you may ask. There at least 12 good reasons to donate blood.
1. It saves lives. What else do you need to know? Every donation can help save as many as 3 lives.
2. It is not more painful than losing a loved one that you may save by donating.
3. Because there are too many people who are unable to give blood.
4. Because some day, you may need someone to do the same for you.
5. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
6. Because if you need blood one day, you would not hesitate to take it, so why hesitate to give it?
7. Blood donation is important because maintaining an adequate blood supply in our community secures blood transfusions for patients.
8. It gives donors a medical check at no cost.
9. Because you can.
10. Free cookies, juice and the satisfaction of helping others.
11. You can’t discover a cure for cancer, but you can help keep someone alive while they are waiting for a cure.
12. The question is, why not give blood?
The Health and Fitness Fair is Sponsored by Cline Family Medicine and hosted by the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce and A&M Agri-Life Extension Services. Mark your calendar.