August 14, 2015 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 18th day of August, 2015 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce, presented by Paul Smith.
5. Council Items:
6. Presentations & Recognition: Henry Marx will celebrate his 2 year anniversary
on August 21st.
7. Citizens Input:
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of July 2015, there were 177 citations issued, 212 violations, 0 to juveniles and 15 to minors. Total amount reported $40,734.55 the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $22,404.00.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers reporting that the roads which were approved for repairs at the April 2015 Meeting have all been completed. On Driver’s Lane, 1,510 feet of road was repaired, receiving 2-4 inches of rock. Also, on North 4th St, 1-2 inches of rock was used to repair 760 feet of roadway.
Notice of burn ban effective 8/12/15 for all of Shelby County by the Commissioners Court. Effective 90 days from the date of adoption of the order, unless the restrictions are terminated earlier based on a determination made by the Texas Forest Service or the court.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on July 21, 2015
B. Consider approval of the minutes of the special meeting held on July 30, 2015
C. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of July, 2015
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for July, 2015
E. Consider approving Gareth Yoder and the Mennonite Community to use the Gazebo area for their Annual Tent Revival which will take place October 5th-11th.
F. Consider acceptance of the Runnels Property Survey.
Regular Agenda Items (10 –15)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Resolution of Authority and contact info for Austin Bank Police Account #2800018349, adding Mayor Debra Smith, Mayor Pro Tem Ronnie Wolfe, City Secretary Leslie Leathers and Paula Mullins, Municipal Court Clerk. This is the separate Police Department Account that Mayor Pro Tem Wolfe, Councilman Grace and Councilwoman Baker asked for at the last meeting. Austin Bank requires an opening deposit amount and where it should be transferred from, please include this information in your motion.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: The contract at Woodlawn Cemetery (currently with Ricky Askins) will expire August 22, 2015. Based on the Cemetery Committee findings, his contract will either be renewed or they will take bids for the mowing and maintenance of Woodlawn Cemetery. If the Committee decides to take bids, a maintenance agreement for September will need to be established with Mr. Askins. Woodlawn Cemetery currently pays $1,375.00 a month for mowing and basic cemetery maintenance.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: At the request of the majority of council, the City of Timpson will consider a Reduction in Force of the Police Department from the current 5 man department (Chief + 4 officers) to a 3 man department (Chief + 2 officers). Please include in the motion when this is to take place (effective date).
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and Vote to Adopt the “Proposed” Budget for General Fund for the City of Timpson for 2015-2016. Please include in the Motion the Gross Revenue/Gross Expenditures/Size of Police Force/Net Fund Increase or Decrease.
14. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss possible amendments to the Employee Handbook(s) based in the issues being decided at this meeting: Employee benefits, “Call-Out” Pay, Garaging of department vehicles, over-time pay, department scheduling, etc.
15. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider adopting the Proposed Tax Rate for 2015-2016.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.