December 30, 2015 - Notice is hereby given that a Special meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 4th day of January 2016 at 5:30 pm. at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Discuss and take action: The Council will accept the resignation of Mayor Debra Smith.
2. Discuss and take action: The Council will deliberate and appoint a new Mayor. The new Mayor will serve only until the May 2016 Election when that seat will be open.
3. Discuss and take action: The Council will discuss and appoint a Mayor Pro Tem from the remaining Council Members.
4. Discuss and possibly take action: The Council will discuss appointing someone to fill the vacant seat on the City Council.
5. Discuss and take action: Resolution of Authority for all Austin Bank Accounts, removing Mayor Debra Smith and adding the new Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.