May 13, 2021 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be held on the 18th day of May, 2021 at 5:30 pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Agenda Item: Consider approval of the FY 2019 – 2020 AUDIT presented by Frank Campos.
A. Public Works Report
B. City Secretary
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on April 20, 2021
B. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Special Meeting held on May 10, 2021
C. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of April 2021
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – April 2021
Regular Agenda Items (9 - 11)
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider applicants for the public works position, interview date, and rate of pay.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider opening a special account with Austin Bank to deposit funds that may be received in 2021 for the American Rescue Plan (ARP), designating City Secretary, Mayor Smith, Mayor Pro Tem Kyle Allen, and Paula Mullins signing authority.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval to purchase a vehicle that was authorized in the May 10th Special Meeting for the electric department, and to approve the method of payment.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.