November 14, 2020 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be held on the 17th day of November, 2020 at 5:30pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report:
B. Police Department Report:
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of September, there was 6 citations issued 7 and violations, 0 to juveniles, and 1 to a minor. The total amount generated for the City was approx. $836.43.
D. City Secretary: there will be no Regular City Council Meeting in December. ALL regular monthly bills will be paid as usual and presented in January. The dumpster will be at City Hall Dec. 5th.TML has approved another 6 weeks of physical therapy for Henry Marx.Henry has elected to keep his dental insurance and pay the City his monthly premium ($54.28), which he has paid this month.
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council.Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on Oct 20, 2020
Consider approval of the Minutes from the Special Meeting held on Oct 26, 2020
Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month ofOctober 2020
Consider approval of Accounts Payable – October 2020
Regular Agenda Items (9 - 16)
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take action on the 2021 Woodlawn Cemetery mowing contract, renewing with Mark’s Lawn Care with a $100 increase per month ($1,375 to $1,475), or approve City Secretary to issue RFP for the 2021 contract, effective February 1, 2021.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider authorization to issue requests for proposals (RFP) for administrative services and requests for qualifications (RFQs) for engineering services related to the 2021-2022 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program administered by the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA).
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take action on the proposal by E5 Oilfield Services to clean the inside/outside of 2 water tanks and filter screens, in the amount of $14,500.
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take action to approve the withdrawal of $10,000 from American State Bank CD account #31416 (current balance $37,403.11) to deposit into the electric Super Savings account to help with the cost of repairs for the bucket truck ($15,639.88).
13. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take action to sell and/or repair the 1999 F150 and the 2001 F250 that are currently indisposed.
14. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take action on the sidewalk project design submitted by GLS and approve City Secretary to issue contractor RFP for the project.
15. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take action to approve cost of living adjustment raises for full-time employees in the Electric, Water/Sewer, and General Departments, beginning January 1, 2021.The last COLA raise was 2% in 2019.
16. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider the termination of Henry Marx, effective December 1st, 2020 dependent upon his ability to perform at full capacity.