October 20, 2020 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be held on the 20th day of October, 2020 at 5:30pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices: The City of Timpson sent Shelby County Children’s Advocacy Center a check in the amount of $541.15 (child safety fee) to recognize the Center for their efforts in Child Abuse Prevention through educational programs and events throughout the county.
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report:
B. Police Department Report:
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of September, there was 1 citation issued and 1 violation, 0 to juveniles, and 0 to minors. The total amount generated for the City was approx. $1,143.32
D. City Secretary: Misty Burgess, Duplichain has completed the repairs on Houston and Bear Dr. Terex has completed the repairs on the bucket truck. Update on Henry Marx, he had shoulder surgery to remove bone spurs, and has physical therapy scheduled for the next 3-4 months.
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on Sept 15, 2020
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of September 2020
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – September 2020
Regular Agenda Items (9-11)
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and possibly take action with the sealed bids received for the City garbage contract, effective January 1, 2021.
10. Discuss and take action:Discuss and possibly take action on revising the Police Handbook for the work schedule to be pre-approved by the City Council every three months, taking affect with the November 1, 2020 schedule.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and possibly take action to accept the bid from Cox Contractors to build an ADA compliant ramp and parking area at the office of the JP and Constable on Bremond & Austin St.