March 11, 2016 - Timpson City Council Regular Meeting at City Council Chambers located at 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, TX on March 15, 2016 – 5:30 P.M.
POSTED WORKSHOP BEGINNING AT 5:00 P.M.
The workshop will allow Councilmembers to discuss agenda items before the meeting and also give guest speakers an opportunity to go over reports and answer questions.
CALL TO ORDER: Mayor Pro Tem Ronnie Wolfe
Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Paul Smith, Chamber President
Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed, 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
PRESENTATION & RECOGNITION
On 4/07/2016 Paula Mullins will celebrate 7 years as Timpson Municipal Court Clerk; City Secretary, Leslie Leathers will mark her 1 year anniversary on 3/17/2016.
This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the City Council meeting.
Frank Chimney has requested to address the Council representing the Volunteer Fire Dept.
Consider approval of the FY 2014-2015 AUDIT presented by Kyle Caperton of Murrey, Paschell and Caperton, P.C.
A. Public Works: Larry Burns
B. Police Department: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court: Reported for the month of February 2016, 82 citations issued, 94 violations, 6 citation to a minor, 0 citations to a juvenile. Total amount reported $24,708.61 for the Police Department with the City’s portion estimated at 55% or $13,589.74.
D. City Secretary: Reporting an update on the Union Pacific RR Bore Permit. Pat Oates verified that the permit has been prepared and sent to UPRR and they have acknowledged receipt of the application. The UPRR advised that processing time is 2 months. From that point, they are supposed to provide us with final input as to the construction requirements. (Copy of application is included in the packets)
There will be a trash dumpster on April 2nd beside City Hall on Railroad Ave, from 7 am until capacity is reached. The recycle roll off box will also be here for aluminum, paper and plastic only on April 2nd – 8th.
E. Election Info: There were 4 completed candidate packets submitted for the General Election on May 7th. Incumbent Yvonne Ramsey and Al Skinner are the unopposed candidates for the two seats on the City Council. They will begin their new terms in May of 2016. A drawing was done on February 26th for the placement of names on the ballot for the two Mayoral candidates. Current Councilman George Grace will be listed 1st and Debra Smith will be listed 2nd on the May ballot.
- Early Voting begins April 25th at City Hall and ends May 3rd ; weekdays only
- April 25 and May 3rd are extended hours – 7am – 7pm other days are 8am-5 pm
- April 7- the last day to register to vote in order to be able to vote in the May 7th Election.
- April 26- the last day to apply for ballots to be voted by mail.
- May 7--ELECTION DAY-- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Timpson ISD Gym foryer.
Items A thru F included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes from the Regular Meeting held on February 16th
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month ending February, 2016
C. Consider approval of March Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for February, 2016
D. Approve the EDC Minutes from February 15, 2016
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS ( 1 -5)
1. Discuss and take action: Consider renewal of the 1 year term of Judge James Bogue (04/01/2016 – 04/01/2017)
2. Discuss and take action: Request for Bids – Renew Contract on the mowing for the Parks, RR row, and other city property currently on contract with Gareth Yoder for $23,860 per year paid monthly $1,988.33.
3. Discuss and take action: Request Bids for Annual Fire Hydrant Audit.
4. Discuss and take action: The Council will discuss an Ordinance authorizing the City to collect outstanding fee and fines. Laird Markland of McCreary Veselka Bragg & Allen (MVBA) will be in attendance.
5. Discuss and take action:
A. Approval of MVBA contract for fees and fines.
B. Approval of Agreement to add software to Paula’s computer.