June 20, 2016 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 21st day of June, 2016 at 5:30 pm. at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order: Mayor Debra Smith
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce, presented by Paul Smith. Frontier Days will be held on June 30th thru July 3rd.
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
6. Presentations & Recognition: 6/13/16 Larry Burns celebrates his 22nd year with the City of Timpson.
7. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of May 2016, there were 60 citations issued, 78 violations, 0 to juveniles and 4 to minors. Total amount reported $9,788.00, the city’s portion a 55% estimate of $5,383.40.
D. City Secretary: 2015/2016 FY Budget Comparison included in the Council packets. Budget Workshop dates have been set and are as follows: Water/Sewer Dept. - July 7th, Electric Dept. - July 12th, Police Dept. and City Office – July 13th, all meetings will be at City Hall and will begin at 3:00 pm. Any Council Members interested in attending should notify the City Secretary. Hydra Tec is still working on the hydrant audits. Larry Burns will give a status update but the invoices for the audit and the top jobs are in Quickbooks and are reflected in the financials for the Water/Sewer Dept. The city office will be closed on Monday, July 4th for observance of Independence Day.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on May 17th, 2016
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of May, 2016
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for May, 2016
D. Consider approval of the revised MVBA contract. The first contract was approved by the previous Council, but there were changes made at the suggestion of the City’s Attorney.
E. Consider approval of the Resolution Adopting The City of Timpson Hazard Mitigation Plan.
Regular Agenda Items (10 –12)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Council will discuss whether to approve the request of the Volunteer Fire Department to take bids for a new F450 using funding from the VFD account. The total of that account is approximately $100,000. If approved, discuss the bid process for over $50,000 purchases.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Henry Marx obtained his Water Operator License on May 7, 2016. The Council will discuss raising his salary from $15.35 to $16.35 per hour.