July 15, 2016 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 19th day of July, 2016 at 5:30 pm. at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce, presented by Paul Smith. Thanks to everyone who made Frontier Days 2016 a huge success.
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
6. Presentations & Recognition: Charlotte Broadway will be celebrating a birthday on August 12th.
7. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of June 2016, there were 30 citations issued, 35 violations, 3 to juveniles and 2 to minors. Total amount reported $12,568.81 the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $6,912.85.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers reporting that the annual Back to School Event will be on August 11th from 4:30-7:00 pm at the Community Building in SoSo Park. Kids (accompanied by an adult) will receive a backpack and school supplies. If you would like to donate any supplies please contact Leslie at City Hall.
On August 6th there will be a trash dumpster on RR Ave beside City Hall. It will be available from 7am until it reaches capacity, so come early. There will also be a recycle dumpster from August 6-12th located by the gazebo on the square.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on June 21st, 2016
B. Consider approval of the minutes of the special meeting held on July 5th, 2016
C. Consider approval of the EDC minutes of the regular meeting held on July 5th, 2016
D. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of June, 2016
E. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for June, 2016
F. Consider approval of the TVFD officers/members to purchase a truck for the purpose of fighting brush/grass fires from San Augustine Motors based on their bids submitted as required. Copy of bids on file at City Hall and TVFD. Purchase price will be paid in full from TVFD funds. (The purchase of a new truck was approved by Council at the July 5th Special Meeting.)
Regular Agenda Items (10 –13)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Set a date to adopt the preliminary Budget for Water/Sewer and Electric Departments for 2016-2017. (Deadline for the proposed budgets must be filed with the Municipal Clerk, Leslie Leathers at least 30 days PRIOR to adopting the City Tax Rate and 2016-17 Final Budget and 15 days PRIOR to the Public Hearing on City Budget.)
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Resolution of Authority to add City Secretary, Leslie Leathers to the Volunteer Fire Department Accounts (VFD Now 4636114 and Checking 463221) at Austin Bank.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Consider/approve going through procurement for administrative services for the FY 2017-2018 CDBG cycle and set a rating committee.